The Food Technologist will join food scientists, chefs and biologists at SuperMeat’s product development team. The food production team is dedicated to creating food products using cultured meat raw material with a deep understanding of food chemistry, textures, flavor and organoleptic traits. The food technologist will hold the primary role of supporting the development of poultry products based on novel cultured meat raw material, and initiate creative product development. They will be responsible for the safe and efficient development, modification and manufacture of cultured poultry products, samples, processes, as well as leading developmental experiments in the production process.
- Participating and leading R&D related to flavor profiles and textures of raw material and products.
- Characterizing and analyzing cultured meat’s flavors and aromas.
- Designing and executing experiments to reach desirable properties of final products from SuperMeat’s cultured chicken material.
- Supporting the development, validation, and documentation of analytical tests.
- Analyzing data connecting flavor profile to product ingredients.
- Designing and supporting the developments of SuperMeat’s products for internal and external tastings.
- MSc or PhD in food science, food engineering, food technology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- Experience in developing meat-based products or meat analogs.
- Experience working with hydrocolloids and biopolymers.
- Experience in working with fatty acids and formulations – Preferred.
- 3-5 years of industrial experience in developing meat products or meat substitutes – Preferred.
- Experience in flavor and aroma development – Preferred.
- Experience with GC or LC chromatography methods – Preferred.
- Experience in flavor development – Preferred.
Park Hamada Rehovot, Israel